... and so, we tracked the evil necromancer Marrowglass through uncharted wilderness and over treacherous mountains, attempting to right the wrongs that were done in his name. We did bloody battle with his minions, losing not a few comrades along the way. We found his stronghold and stormed it in righteous fury. We clashed with the foul wizard in a battle that will live in song long after we fade from this world. We vanquished the villain through our might and our craft …
And then we ate him.
Welcome to the Noble Wild!
Take a look at fantasy adventure from a new perspective. Living secretly alongside the humans, elves, dwarves, and even orcs, Noble Animals are descended from god-touched bloodlines, capable of accomplishing amazing things. The Pathfinder edition of this Ennie Award-nominated book grants players and game-masters alike a new element to an ongoing campaign, or perhaps the foundation for an all-new campaign.
Features of this “Animal Player’s Handbook” include:
* More than 60 playable species of Noble Animal.
* Adjustments to basic character classes, skills, feats, and magic to allow for animal characters.
* A new Basic Class, the Greater Familiar.
* New prestige classes, from the Alpha to the Man-Eater to the War Mount.
* A new concept, Deeds, that gives characters the opportunity to acquire magical abilities by performing heroic actions and paying an experience point cost.
* Illustrations by dozens of artists, including Sharon Daugherty, Todd Diamond, Carter Dippold, Phil Kightlinger, Russell Prime, Ryan Rouse, George Sieretski, Geoff Weber, and Kira Woodmansee.
Created by Lee Garvin, author of Control and the acclaimed Tales From the Floating Vagabond, this book introduces comprehensive rules for playing intelligent animals. It will appeal to everyone from groups that want to try all-animal or mixed animal-humanoid parties, to players who want to expand their animal companions and familiars, to gamemasters who wish to spring interesting and unexpected foes against their players.