A night of gaming that’s as easy to set up as a board game. Just add gamers!
What’s the hardest part of running an RPG? It has to be the preparation. Unlike a board game, you can’t just spontaneously decide to play—because someone has to have spent hours preparing an adventure first.
But what if running a great game didn’t require any more time for the game master than it does for the players? What if you could just say, “Let’s play an RPG,” pull a book off the shelf, and be playing five minutes later?
With Weird Discoveries, legendary RPG designer Monte Cook turns his eye to the venerable adventure, a format that hasn’t seen much innovation in four decades, to create something new that makes this all possible. Weird Discoveries makes prepping for an RPG no more difficult or time consuming than setting up a board game, while showcasing the wonder, mystery, and awe of the Ninth World.
These aren’t adventure seeds or sketchy ideas—they’re complete adventures in an innovative format that requires minimal prep. Run them as one-shots, or drop them into your ongoing campaign when you don’t have time to prep your own adventures. You can even string them together as a campaign for months of effortless play!
Weird Discoveries includes:
• Ten weird and wondrous adventures, with maps, NPCs, and all the details you expect.
• A whole new format for adventures that addresses the needs of GMs who don’t have time to read the whole thing before sitting down to play.
• A Ninth World serial killer hunt, technological ruins to explore, machines rewriting organic life, ancient mysteries, and much, much more.
• Great advice on running adventures with little or no prep.
• Twenty beautiful, full-color Show ’Em illustrations, to reveal to players during the adventures.
• Six pregenerated, illustrated characters, ready to play.
• A rules cheat sheet to make things run even more smoothly.
Explore the ruins beneath the giant, hovering Black Pyramid. Face off against the Spider Knight. Discover the secret of the Mother Machine. Weird Discoveries is a must-have for beginning and veteran Numenera GMs, and anyone who’d like to play RPGs as easily and spontaneously as board games!